1. Develop a state policy/framework for Indigenous Languages which recognises the role and importance of community based language programs.
2 Develop and support the use of protocols for language use and research.
3. Develop and maintain an effective communication network for language communities
4. Examine government policies and practices relating to Indigenous Languages
5. Advocate /Speak for Queensland languages locally, nationally and internationally.
6. Work cooperatively with other state and national organisations and committees
7. Provide support to community language groups, community organisations and individuals involved in language reclamation and
8. Support ongoing research, strategic planning and resource development.
9. Support training and accreditation for community language teachers and language workers.