Gayarragi, Winangali is an interactive multimedia resource for Gamilaraay and Yuwaalaraay, languages of northern New South Wales. Gayarragi, Winangali was produced as a CD-ROM but it always available for download.
Gayarragi, Winangali is a resource for language learners at all levels, and for anyone interested in the Gamilaraay and Yuwaalaraay languages. It contains extensive language resources, including audio:
- a searchable Gamilaraay Yuwaalaraay Dictionary with over 2,600 entries, all including audio
- 957 spoken sentences from traditional speakers, all transcribed, and hyperlinked to the dictionary
- 30 songs and 14 stories, all transcribed, and hyperlinked to the dictionary
- games, including crosswords and memory/matching games
- other language resources as pdf and text files
Gayarragi, Winangali is free for use by individuals and Gamilaraay Yuwaalaraay organisations. Institutions such as schools, libraries or universities are welcome to try out Gayarragi, Winangali for free; for use in a teaching program.
Thanks to Des Crump for passing on this information!