Call for Expressions of Interest to represent mainland Torres Strait Islander languages and community groups on the Queensland Indigenous Languages Advisory Committee.
The Queensland Indigenous Languages Advisory Committee is a representative group established to create and maintain a community based network coordinating and supporting the work to strengthen Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages in Queensland.
Expressions of interest are invited to take a place on this committee to represent Torres Strait Islander programs on the mainland of Australia.
QILAC members volunteer their expertise and time to achieve the projects outcomes. Approved costs incurred are reimbursed.
Applicants are required to demonstrate capacity in the following areas.
· To be actively engaged in language work with examples given of personal outcomes achieved or innovations in the field of language reclamation and preservation.
· Connection to Torres Strait community groups and/or local and state representative bodies
· Willingness to undertake roles and duties appropriate to the required outcomes of the project and to volunteer time to fill these roles.
· Understanding of regional, state and national issues in regard to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages.
· Demonstrated capacity for strategic planning and contribution to policy development.
· Availability to attend up to four meetings per year and to participate in teleconferences.
· To be a Torres Strait Islander person
Please email your application to:
State Library of Queensland
Indigenous Languages Project.
Ph. 07 38429299